The Scottish Enterprise are able to give you up to £5000 towards our services in order to support the design of a new product or service through the by design grant.
It can be used for branding, website design, packaging and the creation of a new product or service offering.
Scottish Enterprise have created the By Design Grant to assist businesses in Scotland.
Who is eligible for the By Design Grant?
Businesses eligible for the grant:
- Small to medium sized VAT registered Scottish companies*.
- Must be able to contribute at least 30% of the cost to the project
- Must be able to fund the project up front
- Must be able to demonstrate the benefits of the project
- Doesn’t need to be trading although will need to describe how the grant will benefit them in bringing their product or service to the market
*By exception, non-VAT registered applicants may be considered if they have pre-approval for a VAT exemption via their Business Gateway adviser.
What can the By Design Grant be used for?
The By Design Grant can be used to design a new product or service, or improve the design of existing products or services.
You can use it:
This grant can be used to support the design of a new product or service, including:
- Sampling or Minimal Viable Product Design
- Service design or manufacture ready design
- Formulation trials and focus groups
- Packaging, prototyping or tooling
- Branding can be covered by the grant but must be part of a bigger innovation project with other design costs in the application.
- For designing a website (providing the website is part of the project and the design costs do not exceed 10% of the total eligible project costs).
Are you eligible?
Check to see if you are eligible for the By Design Grant by going to the Scottish Enterprise website and filling out the eligibility form provided.
Then get in touch with us and we can have a chat about what we can do for you.
Call us on 0141 375 1180
Or complete this form and we will be in touch…